02 December 2010

It Just Dont Make Sense

It is easy to get a thousand prescriptions but hard to get one single remedy.  ~Chinese Proverb

I do not partake in this particular lifestyle by the way, so this is written strictly from an intellectual honesty academic exercise view point.

I noticed something today…well, not noticed per se, but I connected some dots that have been there in the blatantly obvious positions for years I’m certain, I just never noticed it till today.  It dawned on me while having a conversation with someone that all of the illicit, illegal, and warred upon drugs all share one thing in common.

With the exception of methamphetamine they all occur in nature.  Opium (heroin), cocaine/crack (the latter being a derivative of the former), peyote, magic mushrooms,  and marijuana all grow naturally in our environment, and with the exception of the first one don’t cause houses with little children to blow up.  What’s worse is anyone wanting the first on the list drug just needs to doctor shop their high fructose laden child around for a bunch of Ritalin prescriptions; it’s the same damn substance. So for the sake of argument we’ll concentrate on the latter, all natural products.

Now this makes no sense to me in an intellectual capacity.  I cannot legally partake in the bounty of nature, but let me go to 5 different doctors for an oxycodone prescription and I could probably get it. Just ask Rush.

Could this just be a case of “follow the money” since there is no money in growing products such as these (they are more intensive to grow than corn in a single row mono agriculture that we are so flipping fond of in the U.S.) and if they were legalized I suppose the CIA, NSA and any number of alphabet soup agencies would pretty much be out of a job, after all how sexy is it to chase some doctor shopper in Florida when you can get the guy with the Uzi.

We actually have no idea what the potential medicinal qualities of any of these plants are since our wonderful we know what’s best for you government won’t allow the research to take place, could it be that our Native American (both north and south variety) knew something we didn’t? After all they managed to survive, some in pretty harsh conditions, for centuries prior to Leif Ericson landing on our shores and trading pelts with them with this stuff literally growing wild around them.

Allopathic medicine it seems has made us a bunch of junkies, I personally wont drink the tap water just due to the fact there’s no telling what the hell is in there as far as pharmaceuticals go.  I take my vitamins that the body cannot make on its own or does not store in quantity, C and D (I don’t spend enough time out of doors), the rest I get from what used to be a pretty good diet, I’ve slipped recently however (I know shame on me) due to other obligations.  And yes I filter my filtered water, and then distill it.

It seems to me if we wanted, truly wanted to solve the drug problem, we would legalize something nature provides, and make the crap being shoved down our throats by the likes of Pfizer on the illegal list.

No comments:

Post a Comment