02 July 2010

Heres a question for you.

I don’t write this blog in an attempt to get rich, obviously there are a ton of people out there who do that, and I wish them well. I do this for the catharsis effect it seems to have by writing it down.

Now let me preface this with I am not agnostic, nor am I atheist, I do however have a unique view of “God” and our surroundings, while not antithetical to Christianity, it certainly fly’s in the face of the obvious dogma espoused by the church, any church.

As I was traveling to the store this evening in my duo daily attempt to convince my stomach my throat had not been cut, on the corner were some people holding signs (no not of the Bill Engvall variety, although they certainly could have utilized one of those as well) saying such happy things as “prepare to meet thy god”, and “Jesus is coming, are you ready”.  Now I’m certainly not the type to prejudge individuals, I’m sure some of those church monkeys were really nice people, with absolutely zero critical thinking skills.

It’s obvious to me (although I certainly don’t think the idea even came close to running anywhere near their minds) that there is a large Hindu population in the area, now if I were a Hindu, I would not only be duly embarrassed, but also extremely insulted at the “prepare to meet your god” statement, now don’t get me wrong, this country was built on freedom of speech, religion, and gathering, those were so important that the founding fathers put them in the very first add on to the constitution.

Now back to being insulted, if I were Hindu, I would have been duly insulted to my core, as the Hindu religion has around 27 “Gods”; which “God”, as a “God” fearing Hindu, should I prepare to meet? Or what of our poor Muslim brothers, who believe in the same “God” as Christians and Jews, but believe Allah was Jesus, but Jesus was good too. Or Buddhists, for whom “God” has returned over and over again over the millennia cast into different bodies.

I seek only the truth, somewhere in all of the world’s religions are a true sense of what “God” meant in all of their teachings (as I am unsure of gender, we’ll just run with that).

So there is your religious asshattery for the day. Hope you enjoyed it.  Put on your critical thinking ability for “Gods” sake, I’m relatively certain that he won’t mind you questioning him, his existence, or anything about “them”.

No comments:

Post a Comment